The commercialisation of Ramadan has stripped it of its spiritual significance to become an opportunity for the promotion of consumerism and its purveyors like sports stars, models and actresses in skimpy clothes, and pop icons. It is the desacralisation of religion and the practice is akin to the commercialisation of Christmas which has become a season of shopping. The health of the United States economy is dependent on the level of Christmas shopping.
The Qur’an condemns those who waste and squander as the brothers of Shaitan. [Surah Al-Isra Verses 26, 27] Further, the Qur’an says: “…and eat and drink without going to excesses. For Allah does not like those who go to excess.” [Surah Al-Araf Verse 31].
Scumbag of the Week
Search this blog
What to Read
- Americas Got Talent s12e07 Best Auditions
- Donald Trump ‘behaving like a dictator by leaving underqualified socialite daughter to fill in for him at G20’
- Some stunned by Gulf states’ demand for Al Jazeera shut down, Jamaica says no to the Gulf’s ‘bullying’ of Qatar
- What a slut @Woman Defends Dating Daughter’s Ex-Husband: ‘This Is A Free Country’
- It is elementary, my dear Watson… @Penang Transport Master Plan: A scandal in the making?
MichaelDes on Yeah, and I am the Emperor of… Micheal Douglas on Probably from licking Sharon S… . on Disgusting piece of shit #Bren… beyondwords0120 on Hear ye, hear ye! @M’sia… Jude Steven on What about Wash Private Parts…
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 19,330 hits