The commercialisation of Ramadan has stripped it of its spiritual significance to become an opportunity for the promotion of consumerism and its purveyors like sports stars, models and actresses in skimpy clothes, and pop icons. It is the desacralisation of religion and the practice is akin to the commercialisation of Christmas which has become a season of shopping. The health of the United States economy is dependent on the level of Christmas shopping.
The Qur’an condemns those who waste and squander as the brothers of Shaitan. [Surah Al-Isra Verses 26, 27] Further, the Qur’an says: “…and eat and drink without going to excesses. For Allah does not like those who go to excess.” [Surah Al-Araf Verse 31].
Scumbag of the Week
Search this blog
What to Read
- What a slut @Woman Defends Dating Daughter’s Ex-Husband: ‘This Is A Free Country’
- It is elementary, my dear Watson… @Penang Transport Master Plan: A scandal in the making?
- The only way for justice is via an armed revolution @Federal Court rejects Anwar’s final attempt at freedom
- PAS, the Talibans of M’sia are caught in a time warp
- I told you so @MH370devris found off E. Africa
Micheal Douglas on Probably from licking Sharon S… . on Disgusting piece of shit #Bren… beyondwords0120 on Hear ye, hear ye! @M’sia… Jude Steven on What about Wash Private Parts… Jude Steven on Interesting, Filipinos wash af…
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 18,322 hits